Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes it's true: I'm blogging.

Due to many of my recent acquaintances and/or friends begging me to create a blog to describe my fabulous adventures overseas, I have finally surrendered in my efforts to remain blogless (okay, no one has really begged me to write one, but I think I am one of five people who doesn't have one here out of 79 kids). Not that I usually give in to peer pressure, but I was feeling left out as everyone went to blog while I would go check my e-mail, which only leaves me feeling empty and sorrowful inside when there is nothing new in my inbox.

So, here I sit on the top of Mt. Scopus in eastern Jerusalem, Israel, avoiding futile attempts to do homework. To sum up the past few weeks of my life in a nutshell: I upped and moved to the BYU Jerusalem Center from two weeks ago until April and I am loving every second of it! The city is beautiful, the people are great, the classes are hard, I'm running on little sleep and basically life couldn't be better. [Sidenote: I am also sporting my brand new camel leather "Jerusalem Cruisers" that were only a mere 50 Shekels so really, what could be better?] I hope to update you all, or at least my mom if she chooses to read this, about my journeys and findings here in the Holy Land!

7 comments:

  1. Yayyy! I love that you started a blog! I will definitely be checking up on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On this occasion I am thrilled you caved to peer pressure! I can't wait to watch it all unfold.

    Miss you continually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SO HAPPY YOU'RE BLOGGING!! You're already a natural. Aaand I still can't believe you're in Jerusalem. Aaand I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ISRAEL! Thanks for specifying. I thought you had gone to Jerusalem, Iowa.
    And lucky me, I get to be regularly updated on the life of my favorite girl, by she herself, and not... well, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to clarify because I've had 2-3 people I know ask me if Jerusalem was its own country...? Yeah, I know what you're thinking too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey it's Jenni Skalla--remember me? Carly you get to do the coolest things with all of my best friends! First the Hill Cummorah Pagent with Kellie and now the Holy Land with McKenzie! She has been my roommate for 2 semesters and one of my closest friends. I found your blog linked on hers. Small world. I hope you guys have so so much fun in Jerusalem and learn a lot! Be safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so glad you are blogging! i cant wait to read more about your experience over there. i want to see a pic of this leather...

    ReplyDelete