Thursday, February 26, 2009

Top 10 Reasons the JC is like Hogwarts

Just in case anyone was wondering if I am embarrassed by publishing this: the answer is a resounding "No!" Don't worry, I realize I have much better things to do with my time here than make a silly list comparing my real world to fake Harry Potter world, but I got bored in Jewish class (where it all started) and that's where many of these originate. Judge me all you want.

10 Reasons why JC Life is like Hogwarts:

10. Drafty stone corridors, minimum 8 floors, secret passageways.
9. We live with the teachers.
8. 4 people to one room. Yes, I know, Gryffindor Tower has 5 people to a room, but close enough...and that's a lot of people in one room.
7. Heated volley ball tournaments. Obv. not as cool as Quidditch, but still fun.
6. We went on a version of the Hogwarts Express, only instead of going from London to Hogwarts we went from Luxor to Cairo, and the train (food especially) was vastly under par with how I envisioned the H.E.
5. The 8th floor women's bathroom is like the 5th floor Prefect's bathroom.
4. We go on trips into the city like they go on trips to Hogsmeade.
3. Mrs. Norris' descendants infiltrate the area.

2. The Oasis is practically the Great Hall, only instead of the ceiling mirroring the sky outside, we have floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the city.
1. Ophir* looks like Voldemort.
*Ophir Yarden (Jewish professor) is a really cool guy and I mean that he looks like You Know Who in the nicest way possible. This pic was just too good to pass up.

12 comments:

  1. CC i am in LOVE with you. that was one of the best posts ever and i laughed outloud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I just realized I am living inside Harry Potter. And I just laughed my face off. Thank goodness you were bored in class today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly girl! You are the best! I love Hogwarts and I LOVE the JC! I also love that we have Huff just like Hufflepuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHA

    I don't need to tell you how much I love this post, but just to give you a reference point, I think I love it like Ron loves the Chudley Cannons, though relatively less than I love you, which is more reminiscent of the way Wormtail loves the new hand Voldemort makes for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carly- I have been totally thinking about how similar Hogwarts and the JC are too! I'm so glad you posted this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA!!! Carly! You are awesome :) I love just you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *umm.. yah that was supposed to say, "I just love you!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me laugh and I miss your buns. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How the heck did I miss the fact that you have a blog! Oh happy day! Cheers! I love, love following people through blogs. And how did I not know that you were kickin' it in Jerusalem? How cool is that? I love it! So, so jealous. I've always wanted to do something like that. Now, I'll just have to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carly, oh Carly. I'm so behind. Just the other day I cleaned my freezer door and there you were... Alice in Wonderland! 8x10 no less.

    I'm so grateful you and you and having these remarkable experiences. You bless us all! Love you, Aunt Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still cannot get over this post. Oh I miss you miss you miss you Miss Carly Girl! I wish we still lived in Harry Potter land together. You should start blogging again. It is the coolest.

    ReplyDelete