Just in case anyone was wondering if I am embarrassed by publishing this: the answer is a resounding "No!" Don't worry, I realize I have much better things to do with my time here than make a silly list comparing my real world to fake Harry Potter world, but I got bored in Jewish class (where it all started) and that's where many of these originate. Judge me all you want.
10 Reasons why JC Life is like Hogwarts:
10. Drafty stone corridors, minimum 8 floors, secret passageways.
9. We live with the teachers.
8. 4 people to one room. Yes, I know, Gryffindor Tower has 5 people to a room, but close enough...and that's a lot of people in one room.
7. Heated volley ball tournaments. Obv. not as cool as Quidditch, but still fun.
6. We went on a version of the Hogwarts Express, only instead of going from London to Hogwarts we went from Luxor to Cairo, and the train (food especially) was vastly under par with how I envisioned the H.E.
5. The 8th floor women's bathroom is like the 5th floor Prefect's bathroom.
4. We go on trips into the city like they go on trips to Hogsmeade.
3. Mrs. Norris' descendants infiltrate the area.
2. The Oasis is practically the Great Hall, only instead of the ceiling mirroring the sky outside, we have floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the city.
1. Ophir* looks like Voldemort.
*Ophir Yarden (Jewish professor) is a really cool guy and I mean that he looks like You Know Who in the nicest way possible. This pic was just too good to pass up.