Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Walk Like an Egyptian

Thanks to the Bangles I grew up with a pretty accurate view of Egyptians. Needless to say, my experience was still nothing short of eye-opening and adventurous. I could probably write 5 pages on all the stuff I did, saw, and learned, but I already do for my one-credit field trip class, so if you want the essay--I'll hook you up. But, as I'm writing this instead of that right now, please don't hold your breath. Here are some highlights with some pictures. I have to export them before I upload them so they are super small...sorry. Let the fun begin!


Walking like Egyptians on the Khufu Pyramid, before the "Tourist Police" blew their whistle at us. [Disclaimer: I had a ragingly wonderful bout of viral flu that day, and for many days following which is the only excuse I have for looking so great in all these photos.]

This may look like a marvelous work of photoshop, but it's 100% real!

We rode feluccas (little boats) across the Nile to ride camels through a village on the West Nile. This was fun and made me so grateful to live in America. Also, my guide Abdul offered me free hashish at the end because he thought I was pretty and needed to try it. So, all in all, a great trip.

Karnak! This was for sure one of my favorites. Check those pillars out. This is where Pharaoh Ramses II and Moses dealt with that little issue of freeing all the Hebrews. No biggie!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! carly...i am so jealous! looks like an amazing adventure. what is hashish? i love the pics of you on camels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH I am obsessed with this...I can't believe you were just in Egypt. For real. You are standing where Moses stood?!?! Not to mention you know. Cleopatra. King Tut. Some of those guys. This is amazing!!! Oh and you are a natural and hilarious blogger I LOVE it!! And you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get the movie Jumper out of my head. If you didn't see it, don't waste your time, but if you did see it, you'll know why I'm saying that. Such fun! Oh look at my blog cuz Tim and Lori had their baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow car, what an adventure! You'll have to teach me some of the lingo you pick up when you get home

    ReplyDelete